6.24.2011

Me in Singles for Christ?

A few weeks ago, some group called "Singles for Christ" and "Couples for Christ" came at the hospital to invite us to join their organization. I attended their discussion for a few hours and then ditched the whole meeting cause I admit, I'm not that quite interested in joining religious or Christian organization or some sort.

June 24, 8am. I was about to finish my shift at Medical ICU when our Supervisor called me up at asked me if I attended the BEC sharing yesterday. (Basic Ecclesiastical Community-- sort of a spiritual sharing group for all employees). Uhm, guilty, I did not attend cause 1. I did not have duty, sayang ang pamasahe kung pupunta pa ako for that lone reason and 2. I'd rather stay home with my always sick Mom than go there. So, as I was saying, the Supervisor told me that Sister Edith (Nursing Service Supervisor) wants to talk to me. I was thinking oh no, I'm in trouble. In my months of stay at St. Paul Hospital, I only attended 1 BEC sharing and maybe she needs to talk to me about that. I was already thinking of reasons in case she'd get mad at me. And so, i went down..

When I got to her office, everything seemed so light and everyone's in a good mood except me cause they greeted me with "Oh, bat ang itim mo na!?" Seriously? No good morning for me? Tsk. Back to the story, Sister led me to her office and let me sit. I was trying to stay calm. Then her intro,

Sister: Ms. Amira ano ang BEC mo?
Me: BEC 1B po sister
Sister: So under ka pala sa akin bakit wala ka kahapon?
Me: *smiles* Eh kasi po Sister nakalimutan ko na kahapon pala yung BEC, akala ko ngayon palang po.
Sister: Eh ano ba duty mo kahapon?
Me: Na ND (no duty) po ako Sister *smile again*
Sister: Did you attend the last personnel meeting?
Me: *secretly thinking of the last meeting and if nakapunta ba talga ako* ah yes po Sister
Sister: So the singles for christ are recruiting members and are willing to train facilitators blah blah blah blah
Me: *lumilipad ang utak, laughing at the thought of myself being a part of singles for christ*
Sister: So I chose you to be trained as one of the facilitators, ok lang ba sayo?
Me: Uhm.. *pacute smile again* Ok lang po sister (and then I absorbed my response, WTF?)
Sister: They will train you as facilitators may this July and you may conduct blah blah blah
Me: So as facilitator sa activity sister (paulit-ulit?). Ok po.

Then as I left her office, I was giggling. Cause I admit that I am not the most religious person in the world and yet someone saw me to be a part of something like this. So, when I went home, I did a little research about "Singles for Christ"


Hmmmm. So my being in a relationship won't be a conflict.


I like their battle cry. ;)


So, there, by reading and knowing more about them, I feel that maybe, it could be good for my spiritual life. Maybe once I start with my training with them, I could see and appreciate more the essence of these secs.

For more info, just visit their website---

0 comments:

Post a Comment