11.12.2011

Pieces of Life in pile




Looks like a pile of wasted paper right? But right here is a list of people with their diseases and how I was able to help them in my own little way. 

These were from the time I started working at St. Paul and I don't really get it why I still keep them. I could throw them away that easy as soon as I get off from work but I somehow find myself saving them for something I don't really know; Or maybe, I just have some serious hoarding issues. IDK. 

As I scanned every piece, I could still remember MOST if not all of my patient's faces. Of course, some of the names listed here died during my shift, some died after some time, and some are still alive and SURVIVING. 

I may have a lot of complaints about how much stress I get from my job, somehow, these pieces of paper makes me stop, think, and appreciate the essence of my hard work. I was able to help a life today. I somehow eased their pain. I was part of something. And now, I see the difference between a job and a vocation.

I HAD a job. HAD because now, I am seeing how I made a difference and how I can be of service to more people, not just to myself. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment